Managing Employee Relations
Preparation for managers, including the challenges of managing employees in the contemporary workplace and a four-step strategy for managing employee relations – compliance with legislation, managing diversity, handling work and personal issues, and fostering open communication.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the impact of a manager’s role in establishing and maintaining sound employee relations in an organization
- Identify four management strategies that support positive employee relations
- Describe the purpose and intent of employment legislation governing workplace supervision
- Identify diversity issues in a team and overcome related barriers to productive employee relations
- Use effective guidelines for handling work and personal issues in a team
- Implement management activities that facilitate open communications
Any manager or team leader with one or more reporting relationships.
ABA Diplomas/Certificates: This course applies to the following ABA Diplomas or Certificates:
- Branch Manager Certificate
- Supervisor Certificate