Basics of Banking: An Overview
Monday, April 22, 2019
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm CT
Recommended for 2.5 CE Credits
This webinar will provide an introduction to the banking industry and touch on most all aspects of banking. This webinar is a must for all new bankers and/or those that want to brush up on their general banking knowledge!
- Full-service commercial banking including a brief history of the modern US banking industry and how banks make money
- Products and services offered by banks including depository accounts, lending, trust department, and cash management
- Types of loans-consumer, residential, and commercial
- The five “Cs” of credit: capacity, capital, collateral, conditions, and character
- Investment products (FDIC and non-FDIC insured)
- Competitors in the market place
- Emerging technologies including the latest trends
- Banking regulations and regulatory agencies
- Management of the bank including the ALCO, audit, and loan committees
Who Should Attend:
Credit analysts, personal bankers, financial service representatives, tellers, business development officers.
David L. Osburn is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues. Mr. Osburn’s Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 19 years as a Business Trainer/Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. His banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan work-out, management, and business development.
Mr. Osburn has been an adjunct college professor (MBA and undergraduate courses) for over 30 years including the College of Southern Nevada. He holds an MBA from Utah State University, a BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, and is a graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School held at the University of Oklahoma. Additionally, Mr. Osburn holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM).