CU Webinar: Garnishment of Federal Benefit Payments
Thursday, August 16th, 2018
- A general review of the requirements for processing garnishments and state tax levies under the final rule;
- The special terminology that applies;
- The detailed steps credit unions need to take when processing garnishment and levy requests;
- Examples of how the rules impact garnishment and levy answers, and hold amounts;
- Model language and sample forms that can be used when providing notice pursuant to the rules.
Who Should Attend? Compliance officers, legal counsel and credit union personnel who process garnishments will benefit from attending this webinar.
Speaker: Terri D. Thomas is Senior VP and Legal Department Director for the Kansas Bankers Association. Prior to this, she was with “Bankers Choice,” a financial consulting firm. Before this, Terri was employed in the financial industry for over twenty-three years in various capacities. Most notably, she served for fourteen years as in-house legal counsel and trust officer for Bank of America and its Kansas predecessors. Receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Kansas State University in 1985, Terri continued her education at Washburn University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988.Presently, she serves as an adjunct instructor at Washburn University School of Law and the University of Kansas School of Law and is a frequent seminar presenter for financial associations.