The Supervision course blends skill-building techniques and traditional management principles to prepare students to become supervisors in today’s business world. The course will emphasize that supervision is working through people to develop and empower them to become better and more efficient in their roles, and closely follows the SCANS requirements for the five workplace competencies and three-part foundation of skills and personal qualities needed for job performance.
Textbook chapter topics include:
- Modern Supervision: Concepts and Skills
- Ensuring High Quality and Productivity
- Groups, Teams, and Powerful Meetings
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Managing Diversity
- Reaching Goals: Plans and Controls
- Organizing and Authority
- The Supervisor as Leader
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and Creativity
- Motivating Employees
- Problem Employees: Counseling and Discipline
- Managing Time and Stress
- Managing Conflict and Change
This Supervision course is ACE recommended for college credit transfer!