AIB Military Bank Operations Diploma
The AIB Military Banking Operations Diploma was created to provide veterans, military-selected Reserves, and the National Guard with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in the financial services industry. The members of the armed forces community possess decision-making skills and a work ethic that any employer would value, as well as leadership skills developed under extraordinary circumstances. AIB rounds out these unique current and potential employees with a comprehensive training program that teaches them about the banking industry, and prepares them for managerial-level positions.
You must complete the following courses:
- Principles of Banking
- Analyzing Bank Performance
- Economics for Bankers
- Ethical Issues for Bankers or constructive credit from a military leadership course
- General Accounting
- Law & Banking: Principles
- Managing Funding, Liquidity and Capital
- Managing Interest Rate Risk
- Money & Banking
- Supervisor Certificate or constructive credit from a military leadership course
- Regulatory Compliance for Financial Managers
You will need to provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility when enrolling, and you will be responsible for any percentage of the course cost not covered by your benefits. Because we need your certificate and full Social Security Number, at this time we can only accept your enrollment via mail.
VA Benefit Eligibility
To confirm eligibility for your VA benefits, follow these steps:
- Click here to get to the GI Bill Web Site page on the Department of Veteran Affairs website.
- Click the link to “Search for approved Education & Job Training Programs”.
- Under “Search Filters”, choose Non College Degree for the Program Type.
- Type American Bankers Association in the “Institution Name” box and hit Enter.